DalekSec Posted April 21, 2022 Posted April 21, 2022 Unsure if I'm missing something simple, I've never setup iSCSI before so! Setting up new DPM storage that is directly connected to one of our 2016 Server Core hosts. Idealy would go via a switch but we are wanting to make use of the 2 x 10Gb connections and we don't have a 10Gb switch! (Plan for the summer to get one) I've connected them both with Cat6a, both NICs are setup with Static IPs and have been teamed on the same IP Range. But they can't see each other, not able to ping and the iSCSI Initiator is saying connection failed when i enter the IP into quick connect. Nothing appearing on the QNAP Nas event iSCSI event logs either!
Cache Posted April 22, 2022 Posted April 22, 2022 Probably a daft question, but are you using a crossover cable?
DalekSec Posted April 23, 2022 Author Posted April 23, 2022 I got it working in the end, was my own fault! I had 2 cables plugged into 2 different NICs, but the interface was only showing one and I assumed (forgot) that I spilt it across 2 NICs! Moved it to 1 NIC with 2 ports and it worked...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now