Guest Guest Posted March 2, 2022 Posted March 2, 2022 I have a Raspberry Pi 4 which I'm attempting to get to open an RTSP stream via VLC at login. I have an sh script which when ran manually opens the stream as expected, however, I can't get it to open automatically when the device logs on. How do I go about doing this? Thanks
mavhc Posted March 3, 2022 Posted March 3, 2022 You'll want to run the script from the .xinitrc file probably, or failing that, .bash_profile in the home dir for the user that auto logs in, /home/pi or similar. to see hidden files: ls -a to edit/create them: nano .xinitrc
Rooty Posted October 23, 2022 Posted October 23, 2022 I have a Raspberry Pi 4 which I'm attempting to get to open an RTSP stream via VLC at login. I have an sh script which when ran manually opens the stream as expected, however, I can't get it to open automatically when the device logs on. How do I go about doing this? Thanks Depending upon the distribution you're using, there's many ways to achieve this, but an ideal way would be to run this as a systemd unit. Take a look at this Stack Overflow answer: https://askubuntu.com/questions/919054/how-do-i-run-a-single-command-at-startup-using-systemd
JRA Posted June 15, 2023 Posted June 15, 2023 Just chiming in from the (far) future to say rpisurv is worth a look if you're wanting to auto-open RTSP streams/media with a pi. Had a good old fiddle with VLC but dropped it in the end. Working well for a little school display here and some live CCTV monitors.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now