lmrogers Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 Afternoon, I am trying to get VS Code and Python working on our student computers. I have deployed VS Code and Python to the computers and they both sit in Program Files. Students are then able to install the Python Extension from within VS Code. However they are not able to run any python code as it cannot find the interpeter. Even After manually typing in the path to python.exe. Does anyone know how I can get this working? Thanks,
mavhc Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 First run as a student here: "Pick some language extension", then click Python, Install. Once installed: Where is Python, option 1: install from Store, 2: pick from existing installations, that then gives a menu of python installations it's found, so you don't have anything there? Odd.
lmrogers Posted October 12, 2021 Author Posted October 12, 2021 So once I login as the user for the first time I can install the Python extension from within VS code but it then tells my that Python is not installed and needs installing before the extension.
mavhc Posted October 12, 2021 Posted October 12, 2021 Mine says: Option 1: Install from Store, but there's another option further down, something like "select already installed version" and it finds 3 versions that are installed here.
lmrogers Posted October 13, 2021 Author Posted October 13, 2021 So I can't see them options. I have manually added the python path into the settings.json but it then still says that my configuration is invalid. It works when I am logged into my admin account. The only thing I can think of is our student accounts are blocked from browsing the C Drive.
mavhc Posted October 13, 2021 Posted October 13, 2021 Guess so, disable that for a test user and try. Programming tools are rarely tested in locked down situations, Had to add \\?\C:\Windows to my SRP list to get the Terminal to appear in VSCode. Try googling "\\?", that's fun
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now