Koldov Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 (edited) A couple of years back I started manually installing Chrome for a few select users who were having trouble with IE11 for asome websites. Then after a while I decided to install the GPO templates and set a software installation for Chrome to push out to all the other computers. That seemed to work ok and I forgot all about it... Now in the last couple of weeks computers are hanging on start-up (by a good 20-30 minutes). I enabled verbose start-up and it seems to be installing Chrome that is the problem and (although it was a long time ago) it appears to be the ones with the manual Chrome install that have the issue. Once I can finally log-in and uninstall Chrome a reboot lets the GPO reinstall it and everything is is fine. Any idea on why this suddenly started happening after all this time being OK? Edited August 2, 2021 by Koldov
bknaggs Posted August 2, 2021 Posted August 2, 2021 There’s a bug in Google Update. According to the Chromium tracker it should be sorted/rolled back this week.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now