hoober555 Posted July 6, 2021 Posted July 6, 2021 Hi. I have a buffalo terastation TS-XE4.0TL/R5 that is not booting properly. It gives the "TFTP Mode E06: Lost boot image" error. It happened after installing 4 new drives (1/3 of the others failed)I have been all over google, buffalo tech has taken down anything relevant. I am supposed to find the tftp recovery tool for my specific model, but this is not possible. All the archived links are for specific versions, and buffalotech no longer offers the tools at all. Support, of course has been largely useless.What can I do? I have a clients' $600 NAS here that no longer works because I simply replaced the drives.
DaveTheTech Posted July 6, 2021 Posted July 6, 2021 I have had to recover a link station in the past. It was a while ago, but I was able to use TFTP and upload the boot image that was in a zip file. TS firmware is found on this page: TeraStation ES | Buffalo Americas (buffalotech.com)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now