AB_IT Posted December 18, 2020 Posted December 18, 2020 Morning Everyone I've got this weird problem here I've never seen before. A member of staff called yesterday saying she'd been sent an email but it wasn't going into her inbox. I checked our firewall and could see this email had been scanned and delivered to the mail server. I then checked the exchange logs in PS and couldn't find any trace of the email at all. Upon restarting the mail server suddenly loads of emails came rushing through to everybody and it started working again. This has happened before and I was wondering if anyone had seen this kind of problem? It's an exchange 2016 server. Strange thing is some emails get through fine and others, normally external emails don't so it still looks like everything is working until someone notices and reports. Thanks in advance!
thebatman Posted December 18, 2020 Posted December 18, 2020 We had somthing simmler a few years back when we was running low on disk space. Cant rember the settings, but exchange will not use all the space available.
computer_expert Posted December 18, 2020 Posted December 18, 2020 Sounds like it was back pressure doing it's job when the server was low on resources. Does your server have enough resources (RAM, Disk space etc)?
AB_IT Posted December 18, 2020 Author Posted December 18, 2020 Thanks guys I'll look into it didn't even know this was a thing! I don't think we're low on disk space a ram but I'll definitely be looking now! [emoji4]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now