Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

I'm new to all this and looking for a bit of help.

 

I've uploaded the EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package to my webspace hosted by Heart internet and can't manage to get the link to the database working.

 

I've set up the SQL database and given a user access but it does not want to connect. If I call the database testdb Heart Intrenet rename it to something like web32-testdb-1 however when I enter this into the installer it tells me the database name can not have a "-" in it.

 

Anyone got any ideas, or willing to help?

 

Thanks in advance

 

A newbie!

Posted

I'd look for a FAQ and/or talk to your Heart webspace support folks because that sounds like a localised issue.

 

Sorry I can't offer any more help.

Posted
you will find that even though they rename it it will have a name that does not have a - in it maybe a _ but never a - your best bet is to contact them you will probley find the name is built up of server and database

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...