Protec Posted April 16, 2020 Posted April 16, 2020 In my living room, I have an LG 55' 4K that I purchased and installed 16/11/2019. It's been great but this morning I went to look on the HDMI 3 input and it appeared black. HDMI 3 has my Dell Optiplex connected which is running CCTV software for the house. Since the screen was black I thought the computer was at fault. However, after rebooting the PC it stayed black so it changed the HDMI cable to HDMI 2 and the image appeared. It must be the actual port on the TV that is faulty! To confirm this, I plugged the SKY box into the faulty port and same thing again - a black screen. The TV does detect a signal but it's just a black screen. Anyone know what is could be or is my less than 6 month old TV already faulty?
ChrisC Posted April 16, 2020 Posted April 16, 2020 It's not a C9 is it? I recently purchased one and find I occasionally have to turn the TV off and on to get the HDMIs to pick up
Protec Posted April 16, 2020 Author Posted April 16, 2020 It randomly started working again. I'd guess it's a firmware issue.
ricki Posted April 17, 2020 Posted April 17, 2020 It randomly started working again. I'd guess it's a firmware issue.I have this on a TV of mine and I have to reduce resolution and it works. I think the laptop detects it wrong and sends a resolution the TV cannot handle just a thought Richard
Protec Posted April 17, 2020 Author Posted April 17, 2020 I was thinking it might be something to with resolution but the computer is left on 24/7 so should be staying at the same resolution. The Sky box too wouldn't work either when I plugged it into that port. Both devices output in 1080p max. I hope this is a one off.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now