Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

I'm hoping you can help. I'm having an issue with the school website, in that when I try to access Remote Access through it the site crashes, meaning I need to restart the Webserver to bring it back online. Rinse and repeat.

 

Configuration:

  • Website is hosted on an internal webserver, accessed and configured using Virtualmin
  • We have an RA server with Magellan as the remote platform
  • Two separate AD servers which deal with DNS

 

All of the servers appear to be working fine, so I'm hoping I can get some advice? Apologies if this is a bit (very) vague, let me know what information you need. Apologies in advance, I'm not very experienced in web servers!!

Posted

Hi All,

 

This has now been resolved. For anyone that's wondering:

 

- The webserver had lost its DNS settings, so I had to reapply these

- The server crashing was a coincidence to trying to get onto Remote Access

- All other servers were operating as normal, I had to nano the resolv.conf file to add the DNS info

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...