R1ch Posted May 21, 2008 Posted May 21, 2008 Hey all, Just having my first go with 2003 Terminal Services and I'm a bit stuck. I've configured group policies to remove most bits I don't want the remote users to get to but I can't figure out the following: - Remove menu bar entirely from windows explorer (I can remove File from this menu in GP but View -> Go To -> Homepage is still there for example) Any ideas on how to do this please? Cheers, Rich
Axel Posted May 22, 2008 Posted May 22, 2008 Depending what thin-client hardware you have this (free) software may offer a solution. http://www.axel.com/docs/axmenu_en.pdf It essentially removes the standard Windows RDP desktop from the thin-client and replaces with a new desktop that lets you add applications on a per user or per group basis. Only these 'published' applications are accessible to the user, all other menus, icons etc are removed, removing any possibility for the users to tamper, tweak, 'optimise', customise or even try to "explore" the server..
R1ch Posted May 22, 2008 Author Posted May 22, 2008 Thanks but I'm not using axel terminals. Users will be connecting to the terminal server from both home and school.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now