caffrey Posted January 16, 2020 Posted January 16, 2020 Why on earth does searching for chicken breasts come up as pornography ? Surely there should be some kind of context logic in place ? I removed keyword search blocking as that was stopping everything
IrritableTech Posted January 16, 2020 Posted January 16, 2020 The high school here was originally set up with a primary level keyword list (which we couldn't see due to where it is set) which caused us quite a few of these issues - given your example, you could have been blocked both for breast and chick. I agree however that there needs to be more logic in the decision. I have a list of words and terms which I submitted to SBB a good while ago of innocent or normal terms for which to search which were being blocked because of double meanings. I understand why someone has thought the term needs to be in a list, but equally can give numerous examples of why we'd like to use them in a search. Balls, female, girl (not boy), teen are some of the examples I gave in the past. I think this is more netsweepers keyword implementation - but due to the level at which these word lists are blocked by SBB it's difficult to identify sometimes from the report when I'm trying to fix it. 1
caffrey Posted January 16, 2020 Author Posted January 16, 2020 It's impossible to fix, I removed keyword blocking as it was medieval - I don't want to rely on support calls every five mins to get stuff like this fixed, and they take long enough to respond as it is It's hilarious and affecting T&L
Opendium_Steve Posted January 22, 2020 Posted January 22, 2020 It's impossible to fix, I removed keyword blocking as it was medieval - I don't want to rely on support calls every five mins to get stuff like this fixed, and they take long enough to respond as it is Having to call support to make minor filtering tweaks instead of just being able to do it yourself sounds bonkers - I thought that kind of thing went out with the (rapidly vanishing) RBCs?
themightymrp Posted February 14, 2020 Posted February 14, 2020 I'm having issues and wouldn't mind some advice from the community. One of our teachers is starting teaching a module after half term which initially uses a lot of sexual biology terms i.e. p*nis, v*gina etc. But later in the course it will cover topics such as r*pe, gr*oming and other nasties. At the moment, all of these are coming up blocked. This is for Cambridge Technicals Level 3 Health and Social Care. How on each do I go about allowing this sort of thing without completely compromising the filtering system? Surely other schools do this course? It could take all day coming up with enough keywords to add to a list! Cheers
caffrey Posted February 14, 2020 Author Posted February 14, 2020 Apart from doing what you said , there is no way You could create a set of keywords and set expiry for them ? So they are only accessible during the lessons themselves - still a pain 1
themightymrp Posted February 14, 2020 Posted February 14, 2020 That's the answer I was hoping you wouldn't say Is there a way of linking a list of keywords to a calendar so that they can enable/disable at the same times each week?
caffrey Posted February 14, 2020 Author Posted February 14, 2020 Yes, I had SBB set me up a policy to allow youtube during lessons but I think you do it like so (not tested so ymmv):- Under group manager click on the group you want create a policy for, and click create \ based on policy template which would be your student one ? Call it something like student list with allowed keywords .Then you can create your word list in that policy under policy manager. Then under group manager click on the student group then click policies calendar then add the times \ dates you need it using that policy A bit simplified and it's a tad complicated and I probably havent explained it too well! 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now