rush_tech Posted September 26, 2019 Posted September 26, 2019 Hi I'm looking for a little help with excel, I have a spread sheet like the one attached which has list the full list of students on the first sheet and them they are broken down into forms on separate. What I'm after doing is when the form tutor puts a 'x' on the form in any of the columns it adds it to the full list on that students name. Can anybody help please? I've attached a made up example attached below year12 example.xlsx
pubgrub277 Posted September 26, 2019 Posted September 26, 2019 Firstly you'll want a unique number like admission number in column A for each pupil in case of multiple common names. Secondly you can use the name of the reg group tabs to make a vlookup formula dynamic by using the reg group cell in each row as a refference for a tab. Ie =VLOOKUP(A2,INDIRECT(D2&"!A:AC"),5,FALSE)) I've attached a sample to show you the changes needed. you'll need to expand the formulas out, and set the appropriate column numbers to be returned. year12 example.xlsx 1
rush_tech Posted September 26, 2019 Author Posted September 26, 2019 Thanks for the quick response @pubgrub277 I'll take a look
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now