JRA Posted August 27, 2019 Posted August 27, 2019 Hi folks - coming proper unstuck on something. I've come to the conclusion I'm out of my depth with this. Had a captive portal for our wifi which ran chillispot, now seems to be knackered. It's days have been numbered tbh so I've set up a PFSense VM to act as captive portal. Unfortunately I've got no idea what I'm doing. I'd IMAGINE I need three interfaces at least: LAN - I imagine this interface sits on the network people would connect to (as in, the wifi subnet and VLAN) and would have the captive portal web page in it. WAN - I imagine this one sits somewhere on the VLAN that has unfiltered internet on it, and will allow authenticated users who connect through that web page to get some internet. Somehow. OPT1 - This I imagine can sit on my servers subnet with a static IP and I'll get to the PFSense web page through the address I give it. So far I've managed to get a web page up, but got a bit lost in the options. And didn't have enough NICs in the VM. Added some in, reinstalled a few times after but I can't seem to get an admin page up now. Or get anywhere. Help? Anyone feeling immensely patient?
subway_lunch Posted August 28, 2019 Posted August 28, 2019 This guy has a lot of video's in regards to the setup and deployment of pfsense, but can't find anything related directly to captive portals. But going through these might give you some ideas and also help you trouble shoot the other issues. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=lawrence+systems+pfsense+captive+portal 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now