Joanne Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 So got this printer here... it's saying general error, see your printer documentation for details. So after looking at the documentation it says that switching it on and off and cancelling jobs and stuff might work (it didn't) So rebooted everything all the usual. I'm about to re-install the driver but I'm not hopeful. Any hints anybody? Ta
flashsnaps Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 Hi, Hold down mainteance - power - stop at the same time for a few seconds 1
flashsnaps Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 The above might solve your problem otherwise it could be the container or sponge inside which collects all the excess ink may be full.
Joanne Posted May 14, 2008 Author Posted May 14, 2008 eak... nasty noise after that... looks like a take apart job. Thanks for that though, will come in handy in the future!
flashsnaps Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 Yeah it normally makes that noise after, and then it works fine.
contink Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 @ Joanne: Did it come up with General Error or "Service Required"? The key combination flashsnaps gave will reset the printer waste ink counter but you are in danger of your R300 becoming a timebomb with waste ink leaking if you're not careful. I'll drop you a line on PM as the solution is relatively simple but needs a little thought as it means pushing the waste ink out into an external waste tank.
contink Posted May 14, 2008 Posted May 14, 2008 @Joanne: Based on the info you sent over PM it sounds like the the problem is around the printhead resting area. If you turn the printer on and allow the printhead to get unlatched then yank the power out of the back of the printer (or just turn it off at the socket) you'll be able to move the printhead out of the way to the right. Chances are you may find there's something that's gotten jammed in there or part of the cleaning system has come unlatched. If you get stuck it'd help to have some pictures of how the inside looks then I can probably diagnose the issue. EDIT: One other thing.. Check that the ribbon cable running into the back of the printer hasn't come loose from it's connector. That can cause the printhead to become "blind" and start slamming because it doesn't know where it is in time/space.
stevenlong1985 Posted May 15, 2008 Posted May 15, 2008 I had this problem, to fix it you have to flick DVD switch on when the printer is ON and is Idle. once its done moving around flick it back down, that should sort it out
Joanne Posted May 15, 2008 Author Posted May 15, 2008 I've tried all that stuff and no dice... I think it might be skip time!
contink Posted May 15, 2008 Posted May 15, 2008 We're not done yet... These printers are remarkably resilient.. and even if it is toast you can still flog them on ebay for around £20 or more...
flashsnaps Posted May 15, 2008 Posted May 15, 2008 We're not done yet... These printers are remarkably resilient.. and even if it is toast you can still flog them on ebay for around £20 or more... Your spot on - we have about 5 of them, which we print photos from in nightclubs at the weekend. They are then shoved into a suitcase and wheeled out of clubs bashed around, they are remarkable how tough they are – and how long they last! I can’t get over how cheap the ink is, £5 for a full set from eBay, the quality is as good as the real thing!
contink Posted May 15, 2008 Posted May 15, 2008 (edited) Aye... unfortunately having finally had a chance to look and listen to the video Jo sent, I'm now thinking this is not one of those recoverable errors. It sounds a lot like there's something over in the right side of the printer that's stressing the motor.. it could also be that the waste ink tube has been detached from the pump or the pump itself is shot. I can't be sure though as I have a shed load of kids in the room at the moment and can't hear myself think properly much less that video... EDIT: More I listen to it the more I'm convinced it's the pump... As I said on PM... I'd happily take this on and see if I can clear the issue... Edited May 15, 2008 by contink
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now