caffrey Posted July 22, 2019 Posted July 22, 2019 Sorry if it's a silly question but I don't really use the MIS unless I can help it and our Exam \ Data Officer doesn't work the summer But can I add Roll Number to the general student list ? - It doesn't appear to be available for a column anywhere - just exam number (which is the same usually)
Boredguy Posted July 22, 2019 Posted July 22, 2019 Think you mean Admission number, which is under the registration section of the report tree 1
caffrey Posted July 22, 2019 Author Posted July 22, 2019 I found that thanks, but here that number is different to the Roll Number, the roll number is usually the same as the Exam number but Exams number isn't always populated
Boredguy Posted July 22, 2019 Posted July 22, 2019 Our exams number is only generated by the exam staff when the students get into Y10, where as their roll or admission number is unique from their time of entry into SIMS.
CAM Posted July 22, 2019 Posted July 22, 2019 @caffrey I am a bit confused what you mean. UPN = National number applied to students and follows them between establishments. Admission Number = Local number applied by the school to identify students internally. Exam Number = Used by exam boards to identify students. What is a roll number??? Is it the Local UPN field?
caffrey Posted July 22, 2019 Author Posted July 22, 2019 I'm confused too, I don't really get involved with the SIMS stuff here, or admissions But I think Admissions use the Roll number here for new starts which in turn becomes the exam number, I'm using initials and roll number now for AD student accounts e.g. AB1234 SIMS Independent edition if there's any difference
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now