Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

Had a very strange one today, Zabbix alerted me to all my switches in the space of 15 minutes reporting as having rebooted, initially I presumed a power issue but after looking a little deeper it seemed although all the switches were indeed showing an uptime as if they had been rebooted. When looking through the logs I noticed they all had an incorrect date and time for a handful of events , checked time and date and all were fine. They all point to an internal Ubuntu NTP server (Using the Ubuntu pool servers) but upon checking that it seemed fine and again all switches were reporting the correct time and date.

 

Is it reasonable to think that my NTP server dished out the incorrect time for a single Poll from the switches (I think they poll every 12 minutes) and in the meantime my NTP server had corrected itself? No real logs on the Ubuntu server to say this was the case but I can't think of any other explanation.

 

Any ideas ?

 

 

Thanks

 

Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...