Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've returned to looking at using the package again after a long break and it still confuses me :(

 

I don't know how/where to alter what appears in central area in the eg_brown template that defaults to the Science Club news.

 

I can edit the Science Club news but am completely flumoxed as to how to change it for something else.

 

Help please!

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted
The front page content will change as you add new news items (make sure you tick show on front page) You can just unpublish the current demo content and start to add your own.

 

What I don't understand is what controls what appears in the middle column and what order it appears in :(

 

If I use the ?tp=1 suffix, I can see the template areas - but nothing in the middle column.

 

Is this the "front page"?

 

I can say don't use the front page for an article and it goes and is replaced by something else from the news section but I can't seem to control which bit of news category gets priority - i can only alter the order of the items within each category.

 

What controls the fact that it is the news section that gets shown here?

 

help :confused:

 

Sometimes, I think quantum entanglement would be easier to grasp :)

 

regards

 

Simon

Posted

Ta for info - the info is starting to sink in.

 

In order to get the Front Page order setting to be recognised - i had to set Primary Order in

Edit Menu Item :: Component [ Front Page ]

to Front Page ordering and now I have control :)

 

But I still don't understand what controls the fact that it is news that appears in the Front Page area?

 

[Edit]Eureka - I think I do - on each sections Content Manager Editor - you select which items appear on the Front Page -yes?[/edit]

 

regards

 

Simon

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...