PEO Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 Need to set some power options in Power Options Properties under the Advanced tab. there are no gpo settings so I need to create my own adm file "I THINK" lol any advice, examples, tutorials etc or books..meh that can get me started on creating .adm file? much appreciated kev ps I've attached a screen shot to show what needs changing
PEO Posted May 8, 2008 Author Posted May 8, 2008 Your probably after these: EZ GPO : ENERGY STAR yeah Geoff suggested that but it doesn't do the job that i need it for
alan-d Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 try SysPro Software -> News Sorry not much help. Edit: Oops - just looked at the image. EZ GPO : ENERGY STAR is what you need
SYNACK Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 yeah Geoff suggested that but it doesn't do the job that i need it for What do you need it to do that it can't do?
PEO Posted May 8, 2008 Author Posted May 8, 2008 What do you need it to do that it can't do? I need it to change the following states in 'Power Options Properties' on the Advanced tab. When I press the power button on my computer: change to Do Nothing When I press the sleep button on my computer: change to Do nothing this will then stop the kids from putting the machine in to sleep mode or switch the machine off while the teacher has control to the machine using remote classroom management software (Viglen Classlink 7). make sense
bossman Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 Why not disable the hotkey functions through GPO or better still change the keyboards? 1
SYNACK Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 Yes, makes sense. It may be difficult to make a ADM template for anything other than a hard coded configuration as it looks like a large number of settings are stored as binary values inside the single key. The power switch policies seem to be located here but regmon goes nuts when you hit apply so I could be wrong: HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\Control\Session Manager\Power 1
browolf Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 there will be adm files on the server, you can just open these in notepad to see whats in them.
SYNACK Posted May 8, 2008 Posted May 8, 2008 These are only the first lines to do with the shutdown button, there are many more lines of values in the key, I have highlighted the differences: "AcPolicy"=hex:01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,10,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,\ disabled "AcPolicy"=hex:01,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,03,00,00,00,00,00,00,80,00,00,00,00,03,\ works
PEO Posted May 8, 2008 Author Posted May 8, 2008 Why not disable the hotkey functions through GPO or better still change the keyboards? Hi Bossman we have over 200 keyboards that wopuld need replacing. I've done a google search for disabling hotkeys through GPO, but all I get is vista this vista that. do you have a quick quide or know where one can find info to disable the function keys?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now