tech-man Posted April 30, 2019 Posted April 30, 2019 Hello, Windows 10 1809 We are seeing randomly some computers not applying GPOS or running login scripts... has anyone come across this? Any suggestions? I have wait for network set but it doesn’t seem to help.
BlueNine Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 I have the same issue on 1803 with Smoothwall startup scripts, still haven't found a resolution other than restarting the PC.
Chaniel Posted May 8, 2019 Posted May 8, 2019 We've just updated two suites to 1809 and have been having sporadic reports of students not getting mapped drives etc. Logging off and on again resolves the issue. I think the issue is down to how fast the PCs boot, so fast that the NIC doesn't initalise and the student logs in immediately. Looking at event viewer for one of the PCs, I can see that the OS started at 08:54:21 and at 08:54:28 there's a log that processing of GPO failed due to lack of network connectivity to a DC. Student then starts logging in at 08:54:45 and after logging in, doesn't get some of the GPOs. "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" has always been enabled but I've just enabled "Specify startup policy processing wait time" and set it to 60 seconds (wasn't enabled before) so I'll see if that change makes any effect. HiberBoot has also been disabled as I know fast startup can cause some issues
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now