trackers Posted February 13, 2019 Posted February 13, 2019 I have been told today that next year up to 20 new subjects may be offered through what we call consortium arrangements with neighbouring schools. We have 4 currently offered in this way and I wanted each one to be included on our reports to give the fullest picture possible - this can present difficulties in terms of getting marks and or comments from other schools - but that is not what my question is. In order to assign marks to these students being taught off-campus what we have done so far is 1. create a class using the name of teacher who has very little assigned timetable time so that a marksheet can then be created. 2. I have completed the marksheet data entry as and when needed. Issues: The timetabler told me he had limited options to do this for this school year because of our small staff....so the idea of asking for possibly up to 20 new marksheets for other subjects may present an issue. We may also have students studying eg Physics in my school with others having to take it in consortium blocks - I think that I would have to create different sections on the report for "our" Physics students and those in another school....and this means, I think, using different pre setup subjects eg Classical Civilisation and renaming the aspects according to the consortium Physics classes. Is this right? ----------------------- Perhaps I am overcomplicating matters - I could just leave consortium subjects off the reports and let the consortium subjects report themselves. Perhaps my whole approach is somewhat roundabout - so any suggestions appreciated.
bobsmith Posted February 14, 2019 Posted February 14, 2019 you don't need a staff member at all, we've got loads of classes with no teacher and nor are they scheduled, they just need creating in Nova-T and then we can assign them to a template to get a marksheet. since a student should never be doing the same subject across two different schools there's no need for two "versions" of Physics, just record the grades as normal regardless of what school they are studying in.
trackers Posted February 14, 2019 Author Posted February 14, 2019 Thanks. I'll talk to our Nova T guy.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now