6Foot2 Posted November 22, 2018 Posted November 22, 2018 Link: Taskmaster in schools... [TwitLonger] So, a couple of teachers have been in touch to say they’ve been doing Taskmaster with their kids at school. Some have set up Taskmaster clubs, others are doing end of term shows, others are using it instead of standard teaching in lessons. Terrific stuff. I really do think this is fantastic. My own kids always love coming up with solutions to the tasks we set, and if this can help school kids work together, have fun and be imaginative then, great. First, therefore, here is a blog from an excellent person who has actual first-hand experience of this: Taskmaster in the Classroom | James Blake-Lobb's Blog If you’re thinking of doing something in your school, please read that. It’s excellent and he has thought about things like “child safety” which is something I rarely do, at work or home. I’ve also blithely said I’d love to help. But realistically, I might not be able to do all that much. So here are some tiny suggestions: Team tasks are probably the way forward. Splitting a class of 30 into 6 groups of 5 means that it’ll be far more manageable. Nearly all the tasks in the show or in the book COULD be attempted in teams. And that should encourage the kids to work together and be resourceful whilst still encouraging competition and avoiding alienation (I have a feeling that kids are nearly as competitive as comedians). As well as the book (available for not that much here ( https://tinyurl.com/ydemufja), this Wiki page outlines the tasks that have been done on the show. It’s a bit of a forest but if you can navigate your way through, it should give you some ideas of things that might work: Series 1 | Taskmaster Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia It should also be fairly clear that some things need equipment, but hopefully there are enough that don’t to make it practical. And if I was running a school Taskmaster, I’d score the teams rigorously and make sure there was an eventual winner. That, unfortunately, is my personality. I also think the winners should receive prizes! But I don’t necessarily think the kids should be encouraged to sacrifice their own possessions, like in the show, so maybe I can help a tiny bit with this. The trouble is, all I can really provide is signed photos of me. I’m not sure any self-respecting 9 year olds wants that. But IF that’d be at all useful, please do contact me here - [email protected]. I’d be very happy to write personalised greetings to the winners. And they can graffiti my face as much as they want. I’d also happily send a tiny message, on video or whatever, so, again, let me know if that is of interest. There we go. It’s not much but it does come with my full enthusiasm and support! The more people doing tasks, the happier the Taskmaster will be and the better he’ll treat me. All the best, make good choices, Alex 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now