Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Next on my list is to streamline our admissions process, currently we have some kind of ancient custom web form that prospective parents fill out. It produces an excel spreadsheet that is then manually entered into Sims.

 

Is there any commercial software available that does this? Preferably one that is an easy import into Sims.

Posted
Following. We collect data via Google forms and have a complex Google Sheet with some wacky formulas to rank pupils. It works reasonably well, but as I'm moving on soon, I've advised our Admin officer to consider finding a commercial solution. This is most important for in-year applications. For main admissions rounds, our central LA (Surrey) I'm told should be able to support our admissions rules, but we've never checked and I have my doubts it could.
Posted
Normally I wouldn't support buying dedicated software to fill a need like this, but seeing her manually typing in 200 students details into Sims from a spreadsheet I have some sympathy!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...