Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Bought 2 to replace the 24 port gigabit switches in the server rack over summer, and some Dell SFP modules to go with them. Can't complain, definitely do the trick.
  • Thanks 1
Posted
What type of switch were you replacing?

 

HP ProCurve 1800-24G which was the primary switch into which the servers were connected.

 

I inherited this network a couple of years ago and I'm working through failure points, redundancy and throughput. This summer I bought those Dell switches, teamed the NICs on the servers (quite a few were just running off 1 port, despite having up to 8 NICs) and split them across the two switches for redundancy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...