Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

I have been working as an ICT Network Manager in Birmingham now for 4 years, and previous to that I worked in Sandwell for 10 years as a IT Technician and Network Manager. In both locations I found that events outside of the ones organised by the local authority were very sparse and not very well attended. Leaving many schools blindly signing up year after year with their LA, and leaving schools out of pocket as the LA packages and deals were often with companies such as Capita.

 

I looked at setting up a meeting for Network Managers and Technicians in Birmingham and the surrounding areas, and I got some very good feedback that was very helpful and led me to think I was doing the right thing. I then suspended my efforts when another group came along that I thought was offering what I was trying to set up. After a period of time later and on reflection I am now looking again at setting up a meeting for Birmingham and surrounding area IT Network Managers and Technicians. I would be interested to hear people's opinions on what topics they would like to see discussed at these meetings and what sorts of products you would be interested in seeing. I would also be interested to hear people's ideas for particular focuses to meetings. I would also like the group to enable networking and signposting between suppliers outside of the LA and schools, to show what is out there for everyone in education.

 

Equally I would also be interested to hear from any suppliers that would be interested in potentially supporting a Birmingham based meeting for IT Network Managers and Technicians from Birmingham and the surrounding areas. I am looking for your honest feedback to enable me to bring these meetings into reality as soon as possible.

 

If anyone wants to talk privately direct message me and I will get back to you,

 

Thanks for your help,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...