Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

My google fu is failing today, I either get results on dpi, projects, or physical screen size.

 

When I connect to a projector with a 1709 laptop, the projected screen is smaller then if using no device or 1703 / w8.1 etc.

 

The width remains correct but it is about 6" shorter on the top and bottom for a overall smaller image.

The display driver between 1703 and 1709 are the same. I tried doing an update on 1709 with no luck.

I tried an 1803 machine it has the display problem too.

 

The graphics are Intel HD Graphics 5500 and the projectors are NEC NP310 connected via VGA.

The native resolution of the projector is 1024x768 and the laptop 1366 x 768.

The height 768 is the same, I'd expect bars on the sides, not top and bottom.

 

Thanks

Posted (edited)
In the projector settings menu is the aspect ratio set to 4:3 or 16:9 (or something else)? Does changing it have any effect? Edited by Arthur
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Thanks @Arthur I don't understand, but that has fixed it.

 

The projector was set to auto, with 1703 and earlier the projector adjusted appropriately. However forcing 4:3 did the job.

 

I hadn't considered projector settings because the same projector worked fine with 1703.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...