ZeldaVet Posted July 7, 2018 Posted July 7, 2018 (edited) I know I'm doing something wrong as I'm very much a novice at manipulating syntax but would someone be able to tell me why the following batch file won't work: set LISTFILE=C:\Cleaning_Scripts\test2.csv for /f %%A in (%LISTFILE%) do ( robocopy "E:\TEMP" "E:\%%A" /E /MIR ) I'm wanting to replace folder contents with the blank 'state' of an empty one (TEMP). A list of folder names is in the LISTFILE. The robocopy part works fine when run without variables but it's as if Windows is looking for an actual %%A folder instead of substituting in the proper name. I've used variables with AD account details fine, just not with folder names. I feel I've not understand the /f switch when using 'for'. Thanks in advance for any help. UPDATE: The problem lies with my csv source. The file was created by a separate powershell script and it seemingly can't be read by this batch script. If I create a text file myself with a few folder names in it everything's fine. Now I know I need to output in ASCII! Edited July 7, 2018 by ZeldaVet Update
mavhc Posted July 8, 2018 Posted July 8, 2018 %%A will change to %A, %A will change to what the variable holds. So your second %%A in the robocopy line should be %A
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now