Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello all,

 

Currently moving away from our current VLE. ItsLearning talked a good talk and gave a good demo. I was told it would integrate with our existing Office 365. How exciting. Received an e-mail from the tech support who will be looking to set it up. I've been told the following:

 

  • O365 tenancy will need to be changed to a Federated tenancy.
  • ItsLearning will then take control of account creation with emails based on the itslearning username (!!)
  • Group creation is done via hierarchy creation and membership.
  • Access to O365 then is done via ItsLearning SSO from within the learning platform.
  • Default domain needs to be changed to the built in onMicrosoft domain.
  • Existing accounts need to be reconciled via an authorisation link in their mailbox.

 

We only moved to O365 last summer. Currently O365 is correctly set up via Azure ADConnect, e-mail addresses are the same as their AD Username with pass-through SSO etc etc. Sounds like I'm going to completely lose this capability and a lot of my O365 management capabilities?

Does not sound like what I was told would happen. By my understanding of the definition of "integrate", that doesn't mean "take-over". I don't want all my student and staff e-mails to have to change again. Local AD sync is the best thing that ever happened to us.

 

Anyone currently use ItsLearning? Thoughts and advice would be appreciated!

Posted

Actually, looking at the activity of this forum, VLE's are a thing of the past.

 

Would it be better to explore full use of O365 / Sharepoint using the freebies like Salamander to set up class groups etc?

 

The Cloud forum is way more active and I seem to have O365 set up in the way which fits the consensus of Edugeek (on-prem AD sync with SSO). I've not stumbled upon a thread yet where someone details that their O365 accounts are generated by their VLE...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...