CAM Posted April 27, 2018 Posted April 27, 2018 We have a few new subjects coming next year and I am trying to allocate subject codes. One of them is Computer Science and I want to give it the code CS. We have a subject already on the system using CS for some cryptic lost-in-time subject called CSc with no DfE subject assigned to it and a report in SIMS shows it was last used in 2004 with no teacher assigned plus two more subjects before that with no date at all. Is it safe to re-use this code?
bobsmith Posted April 27, 2018 Posted April 27, 2018 I've always failed to get SIMS to let me do it. Are you going to change the record description or delete it and attempt to reuse the code? Let me know if you can convince it to work.
CAM Posted April 27, 2018 Author Posted April 27, 2018 Turns out the code was used for Combined Science so I can't really use it. I created a report to investigate the codes and see when and what they were used for. If they have no DfE subject they can be altered. If you add a DfE subject they get locked down. :/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now