Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm thinking about getting a 20gb Archos 605 wifi.

 

These are only £150 delivered and the 20gb would store everything I need in terms of music and video.

 

Just wondering if anyone has one allready.

 

The new TV+ dvr box for home looks good as well then you just plug in your archos player and transfer content.

 

Ben

Posted

Hi, yes, I have the 4Gb flash version and it's a really nice bit of kit. I use mine mainly for wifi access to stuff on my home network so didn't need lots of internal storage.

 

You have to pay for a couple of plug-ins for web access etc... which pushes the price up but I love mine.

 

I've had similar devices from MSI and an earlier Archos but the 605 obviously knocks spots off them with decent battery life and touch-screen.

Posted
The paid-for plugins seem to be the only thing letting it down in all the reviews that I have seen. The TV+ box uses a similar plugin system but also gets slated for its poor remote.
Posted
The only other issue I have is that it's slow to pick up my network shares. If you go to the web it connects and is up and running in seconds, but if I go to browse available shares on my network it's about two minutes until you can see them. Once they're visible performance is fine and I regularly watch movies that way with no glitches at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...