robknowles Posted April 6, 2008 Posted April 6, 2008 Hello, Possibly in the summer I'm going to look at purchasing a HP ProCurve 5412zl switch as our core switch. With that I'm interested in configuring VLANs. I've been thinking about this and have come up with a possible setup - I'm wondering what people think who have setup VLAN's in the past 1 - Default VLAN (limited access - enough to add computers onto the domain basically) 2 - VLAN for authenticated domain stations via LAN via 802.1x (i.e. added to our AD) 3 - VLAN for authenticated domain stations via Wireless 4 - VLAN for 3rd party computers (i.e. students laptops for example) to have limited access to the domain (web browsing, internal vle etc and my docs) 5 - VLAN for servers 6 - VLAN for management consoles (switches, WAP's etc) 7 - VLAN for Printers and other network peripherals Then in the future VLAN's specifically for telephony, video systems etc Then with our wireless network (for which I may purchase the procurve wireless management module) to have three SSIDS 1 - SSID for authenticated domain computers (802.1x) 2 - SSID For authenticated computers (for school machines that don't support 802.1x - i.e. our PDA's etc) 3 - SSID for Open Access (but secure encyption) to the VLAN network for 3rd party machines. Thanks, Rob
jblo Posted May 28, 2008 Posted May 28, 2008 You might also want to think about HVAC and Access Control systems.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now