jmak Posted February 26, 2018 Posted February 26, 2018 I created a "Contact Us" form on our Google Sites website which sends an email to the admin email address when someone fills it in. I became aware today that it had stopped working - it was still capturing the form content in a Google sheet, but wasn't triggering the email. The only thing I can think of is that it's a deprecated feature from the old Google Sheets - I created a new form and a new spreadsheet and pasted the same script in and all seems to work correctly now [emoji120] I'm probably in a very small minority of people who use a script on a Google sheet populated via a Google form to send an email #and#hadn't realised that the feature had changed, but thought I'd post just in case anyone had similar forms that they haven't checked for a while... 1
Ditto Posted March 3, 2018 Posted March 3, 2018 I'm beginning to look at Forms/Sheets and scripting in more detail. On your scenario here, would sheet notifications be a simpler solution or do you have more complex logic in your script?
jmak Posted March 3, 2018 Author Posted March 3, 2018 Sheet notifications would be simpler, but I didn't want to create an extra place that had to be checked for messages. Sites was our first venture into Google Suite, and we've never used the Gmail functionality, so getting an email direct to the office inbox that can be replied to is easier for the user. PS: I can't take any credit for the script. I found it on Steegle.com which I find a really useful resource. 1
Ditto Posted March 4, 2018 Posted March 4, 2018 Thanks for the Steegle link - I'll investigate. What I'm looking to do is something along the lines of what's shown in the great GSuite user from the Highlands as shown here https://twitter.com/Stephen_THC/status/793907795234000897. Stephen's kindly offered to dig out the code, but I suspect I may have to hand craft. For now, I'm just looking to roll out teacher's being reset pupil passwords, without opening up the less simple interface of Admin console.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now