zag Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 (edited) Should be an easy one but I wanted to check. How do I restore a Sims database? I have the zip file it took as a backup and I am logged into dbattach. Question is what do I put in the database name field and what do I attach? Neither .bak or the .zip show up when I open the attach [...] dialogue box. Edited April 4, 2008 by zag
zag Posted April 4, 2008 Author Posted April 4, 2008 Answering my own question.... You need to run dbattach /RESTOREUI from the sqlserver binn folder. This brings up an extra box where you can restore the .bak file. One thing I noticed was the zip files seemed to be corrupted but installing winrar I managed to unzip it with no problems. Sims is up again, wahoo, now I can go to the pub 1
DMcCoy Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 Answering my own question.... You need to run dbattach /RESTOREUI from the sqlserver binn folder. This brings up an extra box where you can restore the .bak file. One thing I noticed was the zip files seemed to be corrupted but installing winrar I managed to unzip it with no problems. Sims is up again, wahoo, now I can go to the pub windows doesn't like the zip files containing the full path, including drive letter and blocks them. I find 7zip will open them fine too.
superfletch Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 Look at the thread on Backing up SIMS posted a few days ago as well. This details some of the problems you may come accross if you are only using system manager for the initial backup. Best to use DBAttach to backup as well as restore.
zag Posted April 8, 2008 Author Posted April 8, 2008 I actually use backupexec's sql agent to back it up but in this case wanted to test the backup made by sims when it upgrades (as that's where most of the problems seem to come from).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now