Geoff Posted January 9, 2018 Posted January 9, 2018 We want to run Insider on a few machines for testing. Does anyone know what the update settings need to be. Currently I have SCCM managing everything. Can I just point Insider machines at SCCM and it'll work? Or do I need to override the SCCM settings and point them back to MS Update?
Geoff Posted January 25, 2018 Author Posted January 25, 2018 For people from the future, it's not possible to distribute insider updates to insider clients. You must let these machines talk to MS Update directly for them to update correctly. The way I'm intending to do this with SCCM is with a higher priority client settings that disables Software Updates. I've then deployed it to a collection with the following dynamic query: select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name, SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier, SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup, SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM on SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_OPERATING_SYSTEM.Name like "%Insider%"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now