Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Since last Friday I am unable to rdp to my session host servers. This is internally and externally via web access

 

Things I have tried

 

Firewall

Checked the port is listening

Restart (the obvious)

Rap / cap rules

Remote Desktop configuration of server

 

I just cannot figure it out.

 

Any help here would be well and truly appreciated .

Posted

Is this only view a gateway etc, or direct too? If you it directly with mstsc /v "server" /admin does it bring up the same error?

 

(Also can you access the server via console etc to check some logs if I find out the path? or no access at all currently?)

 

Steve

Posted

The only way I can access the server is via VMware . I have tried everything I can think of.

I can remote desktop out of the server though.

 

I’ll have a look at some logs now but nothing jumps out to me

Posted

Did that do the same error then going in via

mstsc /v "server" /admin

just should bypass the session setup and go straight in via normal RDP too

 

Also under your Session Collection (via server manager on any server with the RDS/Gateway added in), What's the security level and encryption set to?

 

Steve

Posted
Did that do the same error then going in via
mstsc /v "server" /admin

just should bypass the session setup and go straight in via normal RDP too

 

Also under your Session Collection (via server manager on any server with the RDS/Gateway added in), What's the security level and encryption set to?

 

Steve

 

I’ll double check now. Nothing has changed which is why I’m a little baffled

Posted

Yeah was just wondering if you had it set to a higher level of encryption etc whether an update might have changed it.

 

Test-NetConnection "server" -Port 3389

 

From client to server within powershell connects ok?

 

Steve

Posted
So I have managed to get to the bottom of it. There was an issue with certificates on the server. Permissions on the machine keys folder in program data has gone screwed up. I restored them to their defaults and all is well again
Posted
So sorted one problem and now I’m getting another errror. Can not connect to remote gateway server when using remote apps
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Ok... so... I now get cannot connect to remote computer via remote app..

 

I’ve had enough for one day! Wish this stuff was easy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...