CAM Posted December 14, 2017 Posted December 14, 2017 Here's a curious one. I have been given an "important document" that belongs to a member of SLT. It hasn't been opened since 2013 and Windows is reporting it's in Word 97-2003 format. When I open it in Word 2016 it appears as squares with no option to convert the document. If I save it as TXT I get nothing but 400kb of blank space. If I try Recover Text From any File I get nothing at all. I also tried opening it in Office 365 through myUSO and it just says it cannot open the file. Any ideas please? I'm starting to think the file is just corrupt and unopenable.
CAM Posted December 14, 2017 Author Posted December 14, 2017 I'll ask if anyone has that at home as I can't install it on my office PC.
Steve21 Posted December 14, 2017 Posted December 14, 2017 Have you enabled the option in word to confirm file format conversion on opening? Some of the old ones won't show up otherwise if it's not recognised Steve
CAM Posted December 14, 2017 Author Posted December 14, 2017 Have you enabled the option in word to confirm file format conversion on opening? Some of the old ones won't show up otherwise if it's not recognised Steve Doesn't do anything. I think it's just stuffed.
Passat1983ICTech Posted December 14, 2017 Posted December 14, 2017 I'll ask if anyone has that at home as I can't install it on my office PC. just pm you
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now