Koldov Posted November 16, 2017 Posted November 16, 2017 Hi All, Looking for a full idiots guide please, from anyone who has done this... Planning on rolling out 1607 and I'm looking for the steps I have to take to prevent clients updating to 1703. I do run a very small WSUS environment on our server at the moment, but with limited clients. So, I'd like to know which options need to be enabled on WSUS and which GPO's are needed (if any other than telling the clients to use WSUS). Also, the teachers take their laptops home (but still sign-in with cached domain credentials), so I just need to make sure that the prevention methods aren't connection specific (like asking them to change it to metered), or require them to defer updates in settings... Thanks in advance!
Michael Posted November 16, 2017 Posted November 16, 2017 Have a look here Alternatively, deploy LTSB '16 (based on 1607), will also never upgrade. 1
Koldov Posted November 16, 2017 Author Posted November 16, 2017 Great thanks, I'll have a read through. LTSB...? Getting more tempting with each passing day.... Script, install, test, find an issue, script, install, test, find an issue - like groundhog day! Any advice about what I should be setting in WSUS?
TechMonkey Posted November 16, 2017 Posted November 16, 2017 Great thanks, I'll have a read through. LTSB...? [ATTACH=CONFIG]46255[/ATTACH] Getting more tempting with each passing day.... Script, install, test, find an issue, script, install, test, find an issue - like groundhog day! Any advice about what I should be setting in WSUS? [ATTACH=CONFIG]46256[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]46257[/ATTACH] I'm pretty sure it is the Dynamic Update you want to remove.
Michael Posted November 16, 2017 Posted November 16, 2017 LTSB = Long Term Servicing Branch - Google it for specific details, but it doesn't include Apps, doesn't have Feature Updates, only Quality Updates for 10 years (valid till 2026).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now