round2it Posted October 17, 2017 Posted October 17, 2017 (edited) Hi Guys I am wondering if you could help me out with a little issue I am having The principal wants to share her calendar with a user not part of our domain I am presented with the following Calendar sharing is not available with the following entries because of permission settings on your network the default sharing policy is set to * for all domains what am I missing here I will try and add the user into the global address book to see if the MS workaround works but im not hopeful ** update adding external contact to GAl is not working Any ideas guys I am stumped on this one. Edited October 17, 2017 by round2it
RobD Posted October 17, 2017 Posted October 17, 2017 You'll either need to federate your exchange with the other company: https://www.allabout365.com/2010/08/federation-onpremise-outlooklive/ Or sync his calendar with a 3rd party tool to a google calender or similar. 1
round2it Posted October 17, 2017 Author Posted October 17, 2017 Can you suggest a good sync tool. I'm kind of stuck on this and the principal thinks it's just a click of a button. I am going to create a locked down user on our system add a mailbox and then share the principals calendar with that user. Anyone who needs to see the calendar can log in via owa
RobD Posted October 18, 2017 Posted October 18, 2017 I have used a sync tool but for the life of me I cant remember which. This looking promising though: https://github.com/phw198/OutlookGoogleCalendarSync/releases 1
round2it Posted October 19, 2017 Author Posted October 19, 2017 not sure if I am going down the correct line but I have enabled internet publishing of calendars if I add the calendar to my outlook 2010 the calendar is displayed perfectly fine if I add to office 365 the calendar is added but im not sure if it is being updated. I have added a entry for tomorrow so I will check in 4 hours
round2it Posted October 20, 2017 Author Posted October 20, 2017 it seems that 0365 takes 4 hours to update
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now