PyROm Posted October 24, 2017 Posted October 24, 2017 try UserDir /compscihomes/*/public_html Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Require all granted If this works you can gradually add back in limitations you want. 1
PyROm Posted October 24, 2017 Posted October 24, 2017 Another thought rerun the setfacl but without the -d, we might have set the default file permissions for new folders/files, but not actually changed the existing ones so setfacl -Rm g:www-data:rwx /compscihomes 1
JRA Posted October 24, 2017 Author Posted October 24, 2017 Another thought rerun the setfacl but without the -d, we might have set the default file permissions for new folders/files, but not actually changed the existing ones so setfacl -Rm g:www-data:rwx /compscihomes AAaaghghhhh!! AAAAGGHHHHH!!! http://www.ubuntuimages.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/alive.jpg OMG OMG OMG - I'll be back in a mo to tell you extensively how grateful I am, but for now thanks SO much! Okay I gotta lock this bad boy down a bit as I've 777-ed the universe up in here!
JRA Posted October 24, 2017 Author Posted October 24, 2017 Yep, 17:35 and I'm still overjoyed. Thanks so much for all the help everybody. 1
JRA Posted October 30, 2017 Author Posted October 30, 2017 (edited) If anyone else is reading this, just be aware (as I now am) that you need to enable mysql in php.ini (/etc/phpx/apache2/php.ini) by un-commenting the extension line, and then restart apache. Line says "extension=php_mysqli.dll" Also every tutorial on the planet for Dreamweaver etc from this point on will tell you to use mysqli_connect but this was binned in php7, so you need to use eg mysqli. Good guide here. Edited October 30, 2017 by JRA
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now