Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Profile Manager Wierdness- Not updating Printer mapping for some users


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

We have profile manager for managing Macs, and over the summer we have installed a new print server. therefore, I have added the new printer mapping into Profile Manager and removed the old one.

 

Most users are picking up the new printer mapping fine, but some users aren't.

 

Looking in Library/Managed Preferences folder, I can see a folder created for the user and within the folder is a com.apple.mcxprinting.plist which still has the old print server value.

 

I have tried removing Library/Managed Preferences folder but on logon the files are recreated with the incorrect print server.

 

The Mac has also been unbound from Open Directory as well. the Mac is definelty picking up the right profiles, and our Profile manager config is fairly simple so cant see any other profiles which might only be applying to certain users.

 

I really dont know where this old value is being stored. The Server is running 10.11.5 and Server 5.1.5.

 

Something is making me thing think historic Workgroup Manager settings are still being applied, but I have no way to open Workgroup Manager anymore as the server OS is too new.

 

This is a site we recently taken over, so unsure on how the system was setup pre me.

 

Any ideas on how t troubleshoot this one?

 

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...