round2it Posted September 14, 2017 Posted September 14, 2017 Does anyone know of a product that will create visual time tables from sims timetables. Not sure if one exists but just maybe some one has a solution. It would be used by the special needs department. Thanks
round2it Posted September 14, 2017 Author Posted September 14, 2017 If non exists does anyone fancy a project. Or to be honest this should be a feature of sims
NotSoFast Posted September 15, 2017 Posted September 15, 2017 I imagine this could be done with vlookup and image= in Google Sheets. Paste the SIMS timetable in one sheet and the visual timetable is generated in the other. What does a SIMS timetable export look like in a spreadsheet?
round2it Posted September 15, 2017 Author Posted September 15, 2017 Not sure never tried to export that way... I will have to have a go on Monday
NotSoFast Posted September 16, 2017 Posted September 16, 2017 (edited) Ok, I couldn't resist. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MOVjYB3zvnoZ20_R8PB2WzMO0yzcOy-QRccGNeeTq4k/edit?usp=sharing You put the standard timetable in the first sheet, then it generates the visual one in the second sheet. It's set up for the way our MIS (Progresso) outputs a learner timetable (the example is anonymised) but you could easily change the layout etc. If you want to add more subjects just put them in the third sheet with an image. You can also change the images there too. Edited September 16, 2017 by NotSoFast 2
round2it Posted September 18, 2017 Author Posted September 18, 2017 That has more than 2 buttons and requires effort from a teacher great example though I will see hat I can do with it.
Steve21 Posted September 18, 2017 Posted September 18, 2017 That has more than 2 buttons and requires effort from a teacher great example though I will see hat I can do with it. If you want something that a random teacher can print off via SIMs etc, you could always do a custom report that already replaces subjects to HTML links/images etc. Then when they run the report it's already pre-image'd up in the word output for them to print etc Steve
round2it Posted September 18, 2017 Author Posted September 18, 2017 Herrrmmm sounds interesting. Need to get the grey matter working
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now