round2it Posted August 23, 2017 Posted August 23, 2017 Is it possible to have a custom screensaver on the windows 7 login screen Also what software can I use to create one. I think it is just a case of a changing the following registry settings Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop] "ScreenSaveActive"="1" "ScreensaveTimeOut"="60" "SCRNSAVE.EXE"="C:\\Windows\\Sytem32\\myscreensaver.scr" or am I going down the wrong way
Steve21 Posted August 23, 2017 Posted August 23, 2017 Yep that's the settings etc. In regards to the screensaver it depends what you want, we have a custom VB.net one that runs and picks photos from a folder to display. Also things like warns if network cable disconnected etc before logins. A scr is basically just a renamed/packaged exe. There are some restrictions as to what can run before logon due to whats accessible (e.g. Movie playback isn't normally as directx isnt' loaded) Steve 1
round2it Posted August 23, 2017 Author Posted August 23, 2017 care to share your setup as it sounds exactly what I need
Steve21 Posted August 23, 2017 Posted August 23, 2017 I'm currently in China still Will be back in work next week or so, and can try to dig it out. Will need to make a few changes to the code if you're interested as I hardcoded our setup into it, but can try to make it work nicely via reg/file config etc Steve 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now