zoohead Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 We have just changed our ISP from the SWGFL to M24Seven and had a new Smoothwall Firewall\Webfilter installed. I am setting up Office 365 as a mail relay for our on premises Exchange 2010 and can successfully send email but cannot receive. I suspect I have not configured the O365 outbound connector properly or it is an issue with the Firewall as our SIP is also not working properly. I just wondered how others had configured their outbound connector, ie have you used a public facing IP for your on premises server or the FQDN. I have made all the required DNS changes and MXToolbox comes back ok. Any advice will be much appreciated. Ian
ITGuyWestMidlands Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 Are all the required ports forwarded correctly on the smoothwall?
zoohead Posted August 8, 2017 Author Posted August 8, 2017 I gave the list of O365 ip's to Smoothwall, so they should have been. Unfortunately this has all been done in a mad panic as we are becoming part of an MAT and we have not had time to do the Smoothwall training yet! I am waiting at the moment for a Smoothwall engineer to contract me.
zoohead Posted August 8, 2017 Author Posted August 8, 2017 All sorted. Some additional Smoothwall configuration was required.
ITGuyWestMidlands Posted August 8, 2017 Posted August 8, 2017 Excellent. Their online documentation is pretty good too if you want to save your support credits
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now