CAM Posted July 14, 2017 Posted July 14, 2017 I've finally got round to updating the PI data in SIMS manually and wondering what I do with these tick boxes. Do I tick the top one for Linear A2s? Do I tick Applied General for BTEC courses? Adding them using New Existing creates A-Level courses which have Academic and A-Level already ticked.
bobsmith Posted July 14, 2017 Posted July 14, 2017 BTECs are now applied general rather than vocational, so yes to that one. Those ticks are not exclusive, Facilitating subjects are also A-Levels and Academic. Not sure about the A&AS level combined, I've not seen that on any headlines reports yet. 1
CAM Posted July 14, 2017 Author Posted July 14, 2017 BTECs are now applied general rather than vocational, so yes to that one. Those ticks are not exclusive, Facilitating subjects are also A-Levels and Academic. Not sure about the A&AS level combined, I've not seen that on any headlines reports yet. Thanks. I found this from the Russell Group about what counts as a facilitating subject. https://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/media/5272/informedchoices-print.pdf Seems to be Mathematics and Further Mathematics • English Literature • Physics • Biology • Chemistry • Geography • History • Languages (Classical and Modern)
CAM Posted July 14, 2017 Author Posted July 14, 2017 Have BTEC points changed? Mine are still 270/225/etc but the BTEC site is saying 56/48/etc https://qips.ucas.com/qip/pearson-btec-level-3-qcf-qualifications I don't normally get involved in this but it was passed to me as the Exams Organiser wasn't sure. The download file was so much easier, I'm finding layer after layer of confusing stuff and leaving it to schools to sort out is creating so much risk for errors!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now