Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've finally got round to updating the PI data in SIMS manually and wondering what I do with these tick boxes.

 

CountsInBox.png

 

Do I tick the top one for Linear A2s?

Do I tick Applied General for BTEC courses?

 

Adding them using New Existing creates A-Level courses which have Academic and A-Level already ticked.

Posted

BTECs are now applied general rather than vocational, so yes to that one.

 

Those ticks are not exclusive, Facilitating subjects are also A-Levels and Academic.

 

Not sure about the A&AS level combined, I've not seen that on any headlines reports yet.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
BTECs are now applied general rather than vocational, so yes to that one.

 

Those ticks are not exclusive, Facilitating subjects are also A-Levels and Academic.

 

Not sure about the A&AS level combined, I've not seen that on any headlines reports yet.

 

Thanks. I found this from the Russell Group about what counts as a facilitating subject. https://www.russellgroup.ac.uk/media/5272/informedchoices-print.pdf

 

Seems to be

 

Mathematics and Further Mathematics

• English Literature

• Physics

• Biology

• Chemistry

• Geography

• History

• Languages (Classical and Modern)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...