Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm considering enabling Peripheral Control policy here to whitelist and block devices not owned/encrypted by the school. Has anyone else implemented this?

 

I have a couple of concerns so far. The software only seems to notify the user for a few seconds the first time they connect a device that its blocked. Subsequent times it just plays dead and says nothing. There is a list of supported encrypted sticks and the school might have other makes and models. its difficult to work out in advance what to whitelist before the blocking is turned on which would disrupt everyone.

Posted

I have enforced this but a litttle more restrictive. I don't allow them use anything USB anymore.

There are limitations. It's user based which can be a pain. We have one area we allow them that separate from our network. Long story but we had to create a user and allow that user as the USB device can change and I have not way to whitelist them in advance.

 

I believe this may change though. It works well enough.

Posted
I haven't bothered with the AD integration so at the moment this policy is computer based. My plan to keep a couple of computers not in the policy that are not secured So visitors that come in and offload files from their sticks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...