Michael Posted July 13, 2017 Posted July 13, 2017 Hi all, I currently have setup WSUS (parent) and then child WSUS instances which are direct copies/mirrors. This is all straight forward, but is it possible to get workstations to connect to the nearest available WSUS instance? This would be especially useful for users who move from site to site quite frequently. The nearest I can find is a policy labelled "Specify intranet Microsoft update service location" but I'm looking for a way to query a whole list of WSUS instances in priority order. Failing that, can I make all WSUS instances appear 'as one'? Many thanks!
RobD Posted July 13, 2017 Posted July 13, 2017 You could do a GPO based on IP address? I.e. if you're in subnet x then get this GPO. 1
Michael Posted July 13, 2017 Author Posted July 13, 2017 How would I go about doing that out of interest?
snagrat Posted July 13, 2017 Posted July 13, 2017 Use Sites in Group Policy to do this. https://4sysops.com/archives/use-active-directory-sites-to-automatically-assign-the-closest-wsus-server/ 1
RobD Posted July 13, 2017 Posted July 13, 2017 That'll do it or via a registry key deployment via GPO. Computer config > Registry > Create the Keys then deploy using Item-Level targeting.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now