jhector Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 I am rolling out RDS for students (staff already have it). Do you guys have separate servers for students and staff, or just use the same server for both? I can't see any reason not to use one for all, as group policy manages all permissions relative to students and staff. I'm using VMWare so will create 2 servers for load balancing and redundancy. Cheers
localzuk Posted June 15, 2017 Posted June 15, 2017 We run ours separately - different set of applications used by each group. Goes well with the "single purpose VM" ideology too. So if something is breaking the pupil RDS server, it can be fixed without breaking the staff users on there and visa-versa. Then again, we use RDS with thin clients as well as for remote access for staff.
jhector Posted June 15, 2017 Author Posted June 15, 2017 Does make sense to separate when you put it like that! Thin client and RDS is the way I am going, just to try and see if I can 'hide' apps from students, ie Primary and Senior apps
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now