Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Morning all,

 

Over the weekend we had a major power cut and it took everything down.

 

All of our servers are virtual and have since come back up, bar one.

 

 

It is stuck on the windows logo and a spinning 'loading' icon, it's been like this for an hour now.

 

I have attempted to force reboot and it simply returns to the above state, this server is our SIMS server so very crucial.

 

I have a disaster recovery restoring now, so in 5 or so hours we will have it back up and running... but I was wondering if there is anything I could try in the mean time?

 

Anything would be good

 

Ryan

Posted

Backup restored the SIMS server is live.

 

Turns out one of the VHDs had corrupted.

 

Anyone with a similar issue, shut down the VM and remove all VHD's bar the C drive and reboot, this is how I pin pointed the problem.

 

Ryan

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...