CapnPugwash Posted May 8, 2017 Posted May 8, 2017 Hi, We have O365 & use Office 2016. Some of our office staff have started using the OneDrive for business Office 2016 app. When it works, it's great... unfortunately it seems quite erratic. At the moment (when I'm lucky) I can make a connection by: 1) Getting the member of staff to open an Office 2016 Application such as Word 2) Getting them to sign in and then close the application 3) Open their online O365/OneDrive and click the 'sync' button This is more than a bit 'round the houses' but it works... most of the time! One day it works on a machine, the next day (on the same machine) it wont, I get either 'cannot connect to this sharepoint site' or 'this site uses an unsupported protocol' messages. On the same machine, staff can log into any of the other Office 2016 apps without issue. Anyone else having similar issues?
xlandhenry Posted May 9, 2017 Posted May 9, 2017 Is it the old ODfB client? I didn't come across these issues with the new client that handles both personal onedrive and onedrive for business.
CapnPugwash Posted May 9, 2017 Author Posted May 9, 2017 Is it the old ODfB client? I didn't come across these issues with the new client that handles both personal onedrive and onedrive for business. Hi, yes; we are installing the Office 2016 package & using the ODfB client
xlandhenry Posted May 9, 2017 Posted May 9, 2017 Hi, yes; we are installing the Office 2016 package & using the ODfB client Then I would recommend switching to the new client, it's miles ahead of the old one and any future updates will not be available for the old client. 1
CapnPugwash Posted May 10, 2017 Author Posted May 10, 2017 Then I would recommend switching to the new client, it's miles ahead of the old one and any future updates will not be available for the old client. Thanks for the tip, much appreciated
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now