chandanengg Posted April 21, 2017 Posted April 21, 2017 Dear Team ... ..i am in trouble ..school want to generate some reports that contains top 5 student based on grades/marks of class group (name /address) with any criteria any exam .. i have no idea how to do? Please help .. thanks in advance
pcstru Posted April 21, 2017 Posted April 21, 2017 Dear Team ... top 5 student based on grades/marks of class group (name /address) with any criteria any exam .. It is not quite clear to me what is being asked. Do you mean : The top 5 students in the school The top 5 students in each tutor group The top 5 students in each subject class Any may have some difficulties when you get into students with different options. Discounting 3 (it doesn't seem to make sense), I'd start by defining reports for each year which includes all the assessment/exams in scope for that year. So each row would have student details (say name & tutor group) as appropriate and then a bunch of results for the subjects, some of which may be blank where they don't select the subject as an option. I'd spit this into a csv and load it into excel. I'd create a tab which turns the grades into some value [*1], usually weighted A* (or top grades) highest values. So now I can look at each student and I could add up the values and regardless of the actual values (A=100 or A=10), the students will be ranked according to how 'good' their grades were. You can then just sort the data on the total or the tutor group + total and highlight the top 5 for each group. [*1] I'd have the first tab as the CSV data and the second tab would just mirror that but the cells for each result would be a lookup to turn the grade into a value.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now